By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® consultant to phone and pill app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This publication offers every little thing you want to commence constructing nice apps speedy and getting them released on Google Play™. The publication makes use of an app-driven approach–each new expertise is mentioned within the context of 8 totally coded and validated Android apps, whole with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll boost comprise:
- Welcome App
- Cannon online game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- handle Book
Practical, Example-Rich insurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, subject matter Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout aid Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST net Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting quite a few monitor Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source records, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, photos, Audio, snap shots, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising, In-App ads, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For details on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to [email protected]
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail publication at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This e-book
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide telephone marketplace percentage, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and a couple of billion Android units have been shipped world wide in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This booklet offers modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the center of the publication is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are awarded within the context of entire operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The creation and app attempt drives at the start of every bankruptcy exhibit a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is on the market at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this publication have been rigorously designed to introduce you to key Android good points and APIs. You’ll speedy study every thing you want to begin development Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the end Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then construction one new app in each one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you succeed in bankruptcy 10, you’ll have the ability to create your individual apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission approach, together with importing your apps. You’ll make a decision even if to promote your apps or supply them at no cost, and the best way to industry them through social media and monetize them with in-app advertisements, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read Online or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Similar tablets & e-readers books
Visible QuickStart courses, designed in an enticing educational and reference layout, are the fastest, least difficult, and such a lot thorough approach to study functions, projects, and applied sciences. The visible QuickStart publications are the shrewdpermanent choice—they advisor the learner with a pleasant and supportive strategy. The visible presentation (with copious screenshots) and concentrated discussions via subject and projects make studying a breeze and take you to precisely what you need to research.
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the fifteenth foreign convention on Passive and energetic dimension, PAM 2014, held in l. a., CA, united states, in 2014. The 24 revised complete papers offered have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from seventy six submissions. The papers were prepared within the following topical sections: net instant and mobility; dimension layout, event and research; functionality dimension; protocol and alertness habit; characterization of community habit; and community safeguard and privateness.
Enhance your Android purposes via in depth checking out and debugging approximately This BookFocus on Android instrumentation trying out to make sure complete program coverageApply trying out strategies and make the most of instruments to enhance Android software developmentBuild intensively confirmed and insect loose Android applicationsWho This booklet Is ForIf you're an Android developer seeking to try your functions or optimize your software improvement procedure, then this booklet is for you.
- Communication Technologies for Vehicles: 6th International Workshop, Nets4Cars/Nets4Trains/Nets4Aircraft 2014, Offenburg, Germany, May 6-7, 2014. Proceedings
- Developing Enterprise iOS Applications: iPhone and iPad Apps for Companies and Organizations
- HTC ThunderBolt For Dummies
- iOS 6 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
Additional resources for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Html Feature Description Face detection Using the camera, compatible devices can determine the positioning of the user’s eyes, nose and mouth. The camera also can track the user’s eye movement, allowing you to create apps that change perspective, based on where the user is looking. When filming video of multiple people, the camera will automatically focus on the person who is speaking. , contacts, pictures, videos). Wi-Fi P2P (peer-to-peer) APIs allow you to connect multiple Android devices using Wi-Fi.
The emulator displays a realistic Android user-interface window. It’s particularly useful if you do not have access to Android devices for testing. You should certainly test your apps on a variety of Android devices before uploading them to Google Play. Before running an app in the emulator, you’ll need to create an Android Virtual Device (AVD), which defines the characteristics of the device on which you want to test, including the hardware, system image, screen size, data storage and more. If you want to 9.
D. in Mathematics from Boston University—he studied computing in each of these programs before they spun off Computer Science departments. , in 1991 with his son, Paul. The Deitels’ publications have earned international recognition, with translations published in Japanese, German, Russian, Spanish, French, Polish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Greek, Urdu and Turkish. Dr. Deitel has delivered hundreds of programming courses to corporate, academic, government and military clients.